Top Ten Tuesday is a fun meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.
I don’t like calling these problems, I feel they’re more quirks I have instead…
1) The Reading Grunt
This is equal parts embarrassing and annoying, but when I’m super, super engrossed in something…I end up grunting replies to people when they talk to me. I don’t discriminate either: family, friends, work colleagues and my boyfriend have all been on the receiving end of that grunt too.
2) I’m too scared to lend out my books
I know I’m not the only one here, but I’m too scared to loan people my books. My boyfriend mentioned borrowing my set of The Hunger Games books to read…I told him he’d have to borrow them whilst I was there to keep an eye on them. I’m way too protective over my books.
3) I get in slumps really easily
I have two speeds: I binge read on books at the speed of light, or I hit a slump and read at the same speed I’d wade through treacle. And I hate it.
4) My books are taking over my room
Self-explanatory. I’ll never forget the look of combined wonder and horror when my boyfriend spotted my overflowing bookshelf for the first time.
5) I hurry through conversations to get back to my book
And people know I’m doing it too
6) My friends only ask for book recommendations when they have a spare half-hour to waste
You can’t just recommend one book…what happens if they don’t like it?! Options are a readers best friend.
7) The amount of series I’ve started is terrifying
I’m trying to plug through them, but seriously, it’s ridiculous. And overwhelming.
8) I have all these books that I want to read and I just can’t get to them
This could be rectified if I stopped procrastinating and just read.
9) I can never find a bookmark when I need one
Leading to a strange assortment of items taking their place.
10) Don’t talk to me when I’m reading…I won’t listen to you
Yes, I’m finally admitting it. I don’t listen. Hence why I grunt. I’m a terrible person, I KNOW.